[council] FW: Note from CWG Chairs to CWG Chartering Organizations

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Wed Oct 5 17:26:23 UTC 2016

Councilors –

Please see below for a message from the leadership of the CWG-IANA Stewardship to all SO/AC chartering organizations.

Thank you,

J.

From: Yuko Green <yuko.green at icann.org>
Date: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 11:45
Subject: Note from CWG Chairs to CWG Chartering Organizations

Dear Chairs of the Chartering Organizations of the CWG IANA Stewardship,

Below, please find the note from the Co-Chairs of the CWG:

--

Dear SO & AC Colleagues,

As Chartering Organisations of the CWG IANA Stewardship you will be fully aware of the historic IANA Stewardship Transition which came into effect on 01 October 2016.

As co-chairs of the CWG IANA Stewardship, we have taken the step of writing to the CWG in order to thank the group as well as the ICANN staff that supported the group, for all of their significant work over the past couple of years.

In addition to the deserved thanks communicated to all, we have confirmed to the group that we view our task as complete. For the record and in summary, we have completed the following:

-          Diligently prepared the proposal (in response to the RFP from the ICG),

-          Referred the proposal to the Chartering Organisations for approval

-          Submitted the proposal to the ICG

-          Worked closely with ICANN staff  on the implementation of the proposal

Accordingly, we would like to now formally communicate to you that we now view our work as complete. We believe that this has been an excellent example of a truly multi-stakeholder process and which has demonstrated the strength of the cross community working group approach.

Thank-you for the opportunity to undertake this work and for your support throughout the process.

Yours sincerely,

Lise Fuhr & Jonathan Robinson
CWG IANA Stewardship Co-Chairs

Cc: ICG Chair and Deputy Chairs