[council] Action Items: GNSO Council meeting 20 September 2017
nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Mon Sep 25 10:33:32 UTC 2017
Please find the action items as stated during the meeting, below and as attachment arising from the GNSO Council meeting held on Wednesday 20 September 2017. Please take note of the action items coming out of the Council sessions and the proposed timing for delivering on these actions.
ACTION ITEMS FROM THE GNSO COUNCIL MEETING OF 20 SEPTEMBER 2017
Item 4. COUNCIL VOTE – Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms in all gTLDs data request
* ICANN policy staff to forward the RPM PDP WG’s DMPM request to the appropriate department of ICANN Organization for the requisite budget and resource approvals.
* RPMs PDP WG to provide follow-up report on the progress and outcomes of its DMPM request in time for the GNSO Council’s meeting scheduled for 21 December 2017, and a regular written report thereafter, at intervals of no less frequently than monthly, followed by a detailed status report on the Working Group’s view of the utility of the data collection exercise on the progress and timeline of Phase One of the PDP by ICANN61.
Item 5: COUNCIL VOTE – Cross Community Working Group on the Use of Country and Territory Names
* GNSO Secretariat to communicate the related resolutions (available here: https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Motions+20+September+2017) to the ccNSO Council, as co-chartering organization of the CWG UCTN.
* Staff to communicate the related resolutions to CWG UCTN WG mailing list
* Heather, as co-chair of CWG UCTN, to communicate the related resolutions to SO/AC leadership and ICANN Board
Item 6. COUNCIL VOTE – GNSO members for the ICANN Accountability and Transparency (ATRT3) Review Team
* GNSO Secretariat to communicate resolved #1 (“The GNSO Council nominates, ranked in order: Brian Cute (RySG), Wolfgang Kleinwächter (NCSG), Stéphane Van Gelder (RySG) as its primary three candidates for the ATRT3. Furthermore, the GNSO nominates, in ranked order: Tatiana Tropina (NCSG), Michael Karanicolas (NCSG), Adetola Sogbesan (BC), Erica Varlese (RySG) to be considered for inclusion in the ATRT3 by the SO-AC Chairs should additional places be available that need to be filled.”) to the staff supporting the ATRT3.
* GNSO Secretariat to inform the endorsed candidates that the GNSO Council expects that if selected for the ATRT3, the applicant will represent the views of the entire GNSO community in their work on the ATRT3, and provide regular feedback as a group on the discussions taking place in the ATRT3, as well as the positions being taken by GNSO Review Team members. (to be completed after meeting with other SO/ACs to determine final Review Team membership)
* Staff supporting the ATRT3 and application process to send a response to those applicants who did not receive endorsement for this Review Team, thanking them for their interest and note their importance in the event an alternate is needed in the future. The response should encourage them to follow the ATRT3 work, participate in Public Comments and community discussions, and to apply for future opportunities within the GNSO Community as they arise. (to be completed after meeting with other SO/ACs to determine final Review Team membership)
Item 7: COUNCIL DISCUSSION – Revised GNSO Operating Procedures and ICANN Bylaws
* Council leadership to put forth recommendation on how Council can better consider topic and determine next steps (e.g., webinar, review red-line of GNSO Operating Procedures/ICANN Bylaws, etc.)
Item 8: COUNCIL DISCUSSION – Community gTLD Change Request Process
* Councilors to review draft process and presentation shared by Craig Schwartz. Councilors to also socialize with their respective SG/Cs to attempt to try and come to agreement in October on which direction Council should go for this item (e.g., consistent with existing policy and can be treated as implementation, needs additional policy work via existing PDP, new PDP, GGP).
Please note that all Action Items have been posted on the Action Item wiki page here[community.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_RgZlAg&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PDd_FX3f4MVgkEIi9GHvVoUhbecsvLhgsyXrxgtbL10DTBs0i1jYiBM_uTSDzgqG&m=3Tc6XSN5n8FryvXrAqUdyp0sa6kuAUqPfvvw4f3uwKQ&s=4DEDZ2Meg9ZUFIObabj6BRFzEywMdXPo7au4Kd0LSJI&e=>. Please refer to this page for the recent status updates on the Action items.
Manager, Operations Support (GNSO)
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: nathalie.peregrine at icann.org <nathalie.peregrine at icann.org%20>
Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses<applewebdata://EB3A6F47-9760-400D-A39B-A7EFFC56B467/learn.icann.org/courses/gnso> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_sites_gnso.icann.org_files_gnso_presentations_policy-2Defforts.htm-23newcomers&d=DgMFAg&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PDd_FX3f4MVgkEIi9GHvVoUhbecsvLhgsyXrxgtbL10DTBs0i1jYiBM_uTSDzgqG&m=-d9m4sr16OXloyLjz4TF6npbe51hgE0EHtoX1U6WUOA&s=Bw2Uzbh2Pu1X0lObLtbwtN5ZNEP3ECdPAfcqzVvIOYE&e=>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: ACTION ITEMS GNSO COUNCIL MEETING 20 September 2017_v0.01.docx
Size: 135953 bytes
Desc: ACTION ITEMS GNSO COUNCIL MEETING 20 September 2017_v0.01.docx
More information about the council