[council] Action Items: GNSO Council meeting 21 December 2017
nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Wed Jan 3 22:03:29 UTC 2018
Please find the action items, as stated during the meeting, below and as attachment arising from the GNSO Council meeting held on Thursday 21 December 2017. Please take note of the action items coming out of the Council sessions and the proposed timing for delivering on these actions.
Please ensure your wiki logins are up to date as all Action Items have been assigned to councilors and/or staff and posted on the Action Item wiki page here[community.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_RgZlAg&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PDd_FX3f4MVgkEIi9GHvVoUhbecsvLhgsyXrxgtbL10DTBs0i1jYiBM_uTSDzgqG&m=3-hGIGNPG_MVccHXahT9lk8qFDbuDuo_wwbRzKZZQGg&s=do3fZzjIln0Jwcx8qKogeUnOo6PFhu4TNs9Q0S7YzIs&e=>. If you are logged into the wiki when you go to that page, your name will be highlighted alongside the action item assigned to you. Please refer to this page for the recent status updates on the Action items.
ACTION ITEMS FROM THE GNSO COUNCIL MEETING 21 DECEMBER 2017
Item 4: COUNCIL VOTE – Adoption of the charter for the GNSO Standing Committee on Budget and Operations on in interim basis
* Motion passed by voice vote.
* GNSO Secretariat to launch a call for volunteers per the membership criteria outlined in the Standing Committee on Budget and Operations (SCBO) Charter.
* SCBO to carry out the review and comment formulation for the ICANN FY19 Draft Budget planning cycle and submit its proposed recommendations to the GNSO Council, allowing sufficient time for consideration prior to the public comment deadline.
* SCBO, subsequent to completing the above action item, to report back to the GNSO Council with its assessment of whether the charter provides sufficient guidance and flexibility to carry out its work, and/or whether any modifications should be considered.
Item 5: COUNCIL DISCUSSION – Update on the charter drafting exercise related to the next steps for the ICANN Procedure of Handling Whois conflicts with Privacy
* Drafting team members to share draft charter and identified questions in charter with respective SG/Cs for feedback, following which the drafting team will review this input and finalize the charter for GNSO Council consideration.
Item 6: COUNCIL DISCUSSION – Update on progress for the “Review of all Rights Protection Mechanisms in all gTLDs” data request
* PDP WG Co-Chairs to provide the GNSO Council with an updated timeline for its Phase 1 work, taking into account time needed to complete and consider the outputs of its data request.
* RPMs WG Co-Chairs and Subsequent Procedures WG Co-Chairs to meet in January for a coordination call, and in particular, to discuss their respective timelines.
Item 8: ANY OTHER BUSINESS
8.1 – Second Security, Stability, and Resiliency (SSR2) Review Team: Update on progress with SO/AC chairs, as well as review of scoping document and skills matrix
* The GNSO Council agreed that the Standing Selection Committee should be directed to review the 3 remaining GNSO SSR2 candidates against the skills matrix developed by SSR2 RT members following ICANN60, and to provide their findings to the GNSO Council.
* Standing Selection Committee to complete the action noted directly above
Manager, Operations Support (GNSO)
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: nathalie.peregrine at icann.org <nathalie.peregrine at icann.org%20>
Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses<applewebdata://EB3A6F47-9760-400D-A39B-A7EFFC56B467/learn.icann.org/courses/gnso> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_sites_gnso.icann.org_files_gnso_presentations_policy-2Defforts.htm-23newcomers&d=DgMFAg&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PDd_FX3f4MVgkEIi9GHvVoUhbecsvLhgsyXrxgtbL10DTBs0i1jYiBM_uTSDzgqG&m=-d9m4sr16OXloyLjz4TF6npbe51hgE0EHtoX1U6WUOA&s=Bw2Uzbh2Pu1X0lObLtbwtN5ZNEP3ECdPAfcqzVvIOYE&e=>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the council