[council] For your review - EPDP Initiation Request and EPDP Team Charter Templates

Darcy Southwell darcy.southwell at endurance.com
Thu Jun 14 21:26:00 UTC 2018

Thanks, Marika.  My comments:

Work plan:   has to be consistent with the overall timeline to reach the May 24, 2019, Temp Spec ultimate expiration, so that overall timeline should be included in the Charter.
Membership criteria:
agree with Michele that basic understanding of privacy should be included here.  However, I also think opening the EPDP with some basic training will help ensure everyone’s on the same page.
Do we need to call out that observers do not contribute to consensus process?  I realize it will functionally be impossible to do that, but just to be clear.
Board liaisons:  I’m not sure what rationale there is for 2.  1 fulltime plus an alternate makes sense.  But I also don’t see a problem with 2.
EPDP Leadership:  I suggest the Council establish the structure and leave it to the EPDP Team to select the members.  The Team will be more effective if there is buy in as to who is taking leadership roles.  Michele suggested Council approve the selection.  Under what circumstances do we envision a member being unsuitable for the leadership role?  If Council isn’t approving members, instead trusting SGs to select appropriate participants for this very significant EPDP, I think we also need to trust the Team to select the appropriate leaders.

Thanks,

Darcy