[council] For your review - EPDP Initiation Request and EPDP Team Charter Templates

philippe.fouquart at orange.com philippe.fouquart at orange.com
Fri Jun 15 18:31:10 UTC 2018

I agree with Darcy’s and Michele’s observations.

On the EPDP leadership, I’m not sure I have a strong opinion and I have some sympathy with letting a working group taking care of themselves in general (and indeed why would a member be qualified for this if the group so chooses…). On this particular one whether that’s through EPDP leadership selection or not, I think council will need close monitoring given the importance of the topic and the timeframe. A few weeks can be wasted over leadership quarrel, in/de-flated egos or frustrated leadership ambitions. I know such things rarely happen but the nomination process should minimize that likelihood anyway.

On a different point, during the discussion with the board, it was noted by many that this ePDP was somehow unusual also because it would progress in a [potentially moving] legal/regulatory environment, and that the ePDP WG should be ready to adapt quickly to that environment and possibly embark decisions/rulings/etc made elsewhere closing/opening options as they move forward. Maybe that’s something we could reflect here too somehow.

Regards,

Philippe