[council] Proposed GNSO Council comment on the draft FY20 IANA/PTI Budget

Pam Little pam.little at alibaba-inc.com
Mon Nov 12 20:38:14 UTC 2018

Dear Ayden and colleagues,

Thanks to Ayden for leading this effort.

The revised sentence makes sense but it is my understanding that after the stewardship transition, ICANN continues to be the IANA functions operators while PTI is contracted to serve as the operator for the IANA naming function. Therefore, it seems to me the reference to IANA should be to PTI. I also propose two other minor edits: Policy be changed to policy; TLDs be changed to gTLDs:
"The GNSO Council notes that one of our current policy development activities does potentially intersect with the operations of the IANA Functions by PTI. The New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Policy Development Process Working Group is currently developing Ppolicy that may ultimately instruct IANA PTI to place new gTLDs into the root. However, it is not anticipated that delegation would occur in FY20."
Kind regards,
Pam