[council] For review - PDP Improvements Tracker

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Tue Jun 7 20:39:35 UTC 2022

Dear All,

In preparation for agenda item #9 on the Council agenda (GNSO PDP Improvements - Tracking and Coordination Discussion Paper), please find attached a first draft of the proposed tracker. Before going into a substantive review of the items included in the tracker, there are a number of practical questions that we hope to get feedback on during the upcoming Council meeting, namely:

  1.  Does the tracker provide the expected information for Council to consider and keep track of the different proposed improvements? If not, what is missing?
  2.  At the suggestion of Council members an entry for “impact” has been added. Council to identify who/how to determine impactfullness of each proposed improvement – is this referring to impact on the PDP, impact on resources, a combination of both or something else?
  3.  As not all improvements are solely within the remit of Council, what is the best way to consult with the broader GNSO community, and possibly beyond that, about this approach and how to enable regular consultation / input?
  4.  How often should review / updates be planned for?
  5.  Where should this information be housed – GNSO wiki?
  6.  How much time is needed for the Council to consider these above questions that need to be addressed before the first substantive review can commence?

Following your feedback, we’ll make any updates to the tracker, as agreed, before planning for a substantive review of the proposed improvements and suggested next steps.

We look forward to receiving your feedback.

Best regards,

Marika