[council] GNSO Council resolutions 14 June 2023
terri.agnew at icann.org
Wed Jun 14 19:49:52 UTC 2023
Please find below the resolutions from the GNSO Council meeting on Wednesday, 14 June 2023, which will be posted shortly on the GNSO Council resolutions <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/gnso.icann.org/en/council/resolutions/2020-current__;!!PtGJab4!sLlCB4cV9KdvFnPD2LwSl2p7z4Gk6tPXTWpUAhoW8SCziUIjp5aHd47AEUpgcVkTCRcwggmgOcyz$> page.
Motion to commemorate Pam Little
Proposed: Greg DiBiase
Seconded: All members of the GNSO Council
The Council was informed earlier this month of Pam Little’s passing. We wish to recognize Pam’s significant contribution to the GNSO and the ICANN multi-stakeholder model during her tenure, as well as her professionalism, her friendship, and her mentorship to many. She will be greatly missed.
1. Pam Little joined the GNSO Council 1 November 2017 as an elected representative of the Registrar Stakeholder Group from the APAC Region. She served 2 terms between 2017 and 2021.
2. Pam served as Vice Chair of the GNSO Council between 2019 and 2021.
3. As Vice Chair of the GNSO Council, Pam brought her professionalism, her deep knowledge of the GNSO Council’s best practices and history, her thirst for knowledge for the subject matter, to serve the CPH she represented as well as Council as a whole.
4. Pam made significant contributions to ICANN and was a strong and respected community leader. During her tenure as GNSO Council Vice-Chair, Pam participated in and lent her talents to many GNSO initiatives, including but not limited to:
* PDP 3.0 Implementation Final Report & Consensus Playbook
* Accuracy Charter Drafting Team
Pam was also an active and valuable member of many ICANN initiatives, outside of her service to the GNSO Council, including but not limited to:
* Non-PDP on Data and Metrics for Policy Making
* Cross-Community Working Group on Internet Governance (Workstream 2 on Staff Accountability)
* Cross-Community Working Group on Internet Governance (Workstream 2 on Diversity)
* Cross-Community Workstream 2 Community Coordination Working Group
* Nominating Committee
* Transfer Policy Review Working Group
5.Pam was a well-respected and much liked member of not only the GNSO and the CPH, but of the broader ICANN Community. She was a mentor to many who are able to trace back their commitment to the ICANN Community to her example, encouragement, and enduring support.
6.Pam was also an active member of the community of ICANN participants within the APAC region - she was known and respected as a leader, facilitator, and active contributor among many in her region. Pam mentored and assisted many new APAC participants in their starts at ICANN, their starts as new ICANN APAC leaders, and was available and helpful to many throughout their ICANN journey.
7.Pam’s roots in the ICANN environment also extend to her time at ICANN org, where she was a valued member of the ICANN Contractual Compliance Team and brought her professionalism and subject matter expertise to the role and function.
8.Pam’s passing is a great loss to the many people across the ICANN community and organization that had the pleasure to work and interact with her, and for her many friends at ICANN the loss is significant.
1. The GNSO Council wishes to recognize the significant contribution Pam Little made to the GNSO Council and the ICANN Community during her tenure and her notable achievements during this time.
2. Pam’s energy, professionalism and commitment to the ICANN Community will be dearly missed.
3. On behalf of the current and previous GNSO Councils represented today, we offer our deepest and heartfelt sympathies to her family and friends at this most difficult time.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the council