[CPWG] [registration-issues-wg] Subsequent Procedures

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Aug 8 14:24:23 UTC 2018

Dear Holly,

I agree with the focus that you are proposing. I have looked at the
working Google DOC on
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1agNhbXfXLPQIRTGjC-8U-l534SWpbnsiapi-fi5mzFw/edit?usp=sharing
which contains all of the questions that are being asked, and there are
plenty of them, perhaps part of the reason why nobody appears to have
focussed on commenting on the page yet.

But focussing on the area which you are proposing could allow us to
share our comments on what matters for At-Large.

Kindest regards,

Olivier

On 08/08/2018 07:09, Holly Raiche wrote:
> Folks
>
> Having gone through the Report and Appendix C, the issues that ALAC
> has been concerned with before and - I am suggesting - should
> concentrate on in its response include:
>
> *Community Priority Evaluations*
> These applicants had priority, but the definition was narrow and few
> applications made it through on this. The definition needs to be
> revisited, and the evaluation more transparent and predictable- and
> finalised BEFORE evaluation
>
> *Metrics*
> Unde the general heading, the question is asked whether there should
> be success metrics.  We said - and I believe should continue to say -
> have metrics as to what success looks like from an ALAC perspective.
>
> *PICS*
> Under global public interest, the question is asked whether there
> should continue to be PICS.  They are there because we argued for them
> - and still should
>
> *Applications from outside the US/Europe*
> We expressed concern that most of the applications came from the US
> and, to a lesser extent, Europe.  We said this came down to a number
> of factors, including
>
>   * Length and complexity of Applicant Guidebook - it should be more
>     accessible, comprehensible, in different languages
>   * Need for applicant support - maybe a dedicated round for
>     developing countries
>   * Possibility of variable fees
>
> *IDNs*
> The report mentions need for further work to be done on Universal
> Acceptance
>

> Happy to discuss
>
> Holly

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD