[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] [registration-issues-wg] Subsequent Procedures

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Aug 10 14:41:47 UTC 2018

Thanks for all of this story Vanda.
You know, the sad thing about this is that, in those days when Rod was
CEO, I confronted him about this and he made it quite clear that this
was a clear business decision. The ICANN roadshow went to the "markets"
it thought would generate huge interest and concrete applications.
I gather that times have changed now, but I would be interested to find
out if the current ICANN CEO and the Board still see the new gTLD round
as a set of "markets" to address, rather than basing the round on the
public interest.
Kindest regards,

Olivier