[CPWG] [registration-issues-wg] Call for feedback on proposed At-Large/ALAC positions to New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Supplemental Initial Report

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 15:44:35 UTC 2018

Christopher:
+1 to your position against auctions.

The fact is underserved communities without a rich sponsor shall always be
further disadvantaged. Especially now that we know the mood pertaining
auction proceeds have not improved the prospects for this community!

Our side got spooked and fears being seen as advocating an affirmative
action in favour of the economically weak and dispossessed - our [or I
should say some of us] objective for the Applicant Support Initiative -
and we are where we are today.

The ruthlessly deterministic side of one's mind say it is always a good
thing to help someone with too much money than sense spend it ...in the
public interest. Unhappily, one cannot guarantee outcomes.

A bold statement against is better than the
"on-the-one-hand-er-maybe-depends-on-the-other-hand...." of the draft.

Good for you!

-Carlton