[CPWG] [GTLD-WG] [registration-issues-wg] Verisign DissingDomainers?

Evan Leibovitch evanleibovitch at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 04:55:09 UTC 2018

Hi Kan,

I still don't fully agree with your land analogy, but I don't want to dwell
on it because it's not really the point.

Closer to the issue at hand is this:

New TLDs are exactly as the wild west, whoever takes it owns it.

True, but this is not a point of admiration.  "The wild west" is at best a
point of nostalgia and at worst a point of embarrassment. There is a valid
reason that most of the most prosperous countries have regulations in place
that smooth the rough edges of completely free enterprise.

I also remind that there is no international treaty mandating that
countries honor the actions and decisions of ICANN, it is only through
goodwill and trust that its policies are followed by the states of the
world.