[CPWG] [registration-issues-wg] DRAFT ALAC EPDP Advice

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Thu Apr 4 15:31:36 UTC 2019

For Bastiaan and anyone else who was not able to make the call, I made
the following points on this issue:

1. I am not crazy about the idea of issuing this advice to the board
but, if we are going to do it, let's make sure we a really good reason
to raise any of these issues.

2. I could rationalize the Thick WhoIs item as there has been new legal
advice in the meantime so we are asking that this advice be given full
consideration.

3. I can almost rationalize the Geographic Differentiation" as there
seems to have been a commitment by the Chair that this issue would be
reopened in Phase 2 and it does not appear to be on the agenda. Also,
there has been some new legal opinion. I am not agreeing with the
position but as I understand it, this is a request to continue the
discussion -- as per a commitment that was made.

4. I am not in favour of the last item -- requesting a redo on the
Legal/Natural Persons decisions-- it is already covered, as Bastiaan
says, scheduled to be discussed in Phase 2 and our bringing it up in
this way seems like whining. There was a suggestion on the call that we
could ask for a study. I did say that that might make a difference --
offering something new to the current situation. But then, I also don't
see why that request could not be made during the discussions.

In summary, I am not challenging anyone's position on the substance of
these issues. I am just asking that we *make sure* there is something
new, something that takes the advice being offered beyond a complaint on
the terms of the report as it currently stands.

Marita