[CPWG] Fwd: [Chapter-delegates] ChAC-SC Advise notice

Eduardo Diaz eduardodiazrivera at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 19:03:30 UTC 2020

Siva:

All ChAC-SC advice and BOT responses are public and available here for all
to see:
https://www.internetsociety.org/chapters/chapters-advisory-council/list-of-recommendations/
.

As far as I know, anyone can point to them in any correspondence.

-ed

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 1:37 PM sivasubramanian muthusamy <
6.internet at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 30, 2020, 14:54 Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Colleagues,
>>
>> you might be interested to read the advice below that was sent by the
>> ISOC Chapter Advisory Council Chair to the ISOC Board of Trustees. Advice
>> 2020.04.17-01 :: Second Advice on PIR Sales to Ethos Capital
>> <https://isoc.box.com/s/w2iaod4kb738thlm1a0ollli00saze8q> is
>> particularly pertinent in the context of the ICANN decision to be made in
>> regards to the sale of the Public Interest Registry, PIR. As ISOC does not
>> appear to have the same transparency
>>
> when it comes to the correspondence it receives as ICANN does, the
>> Statement does not appear on any ISOC sanctioned Web site.
>>
> Should the ICANN Board be made aware of this advice from Chapters in a
>> formal way or should Chapters inform the ICANN Board directly themselves?
>>

> On transparency and on the difference between ICANN and ISOC in the style
> of working, we could say that ISOC has its own conventions.
>
> In this matter pertaining to Chapter AC advice, CHAC could ask the BoT if
> the Chapter advice is cross referenced in any of the BoT correspondence
> with ICANN, and if not, if it would please the BoT to direct Staff to
> forward the Chapter advice to ICANN for information, without comment.
>
> The Chapter advice is otherwise more of an internal process, as an advice
> to BoT. ChAC, even if constituted as a Constituency may not step out
> independently to engage directly with organizations outside, and it may not
> exactly be in order to directly write to organizations outside, except to
> ask, persuade and sometimes even force the BoT to take note of it's
> positions, record, publish and even publicize.
>
> I am not sure if the legal point of view would be the same.
>
> Sivasubramanian M
>

> I am mindful of not mixing Chapters & ALSes. Kindest regards, Olivier

*NOTICE:* This email may contain information which is confidential and/or
subject to legal privilege, and is intended for the use of the named
addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use,
disclose or copy any part of this email. If you have received this email by
mistake, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately.