[CPWG] Transfer Policy Review Team: Question about the 60-days lock

Eduardo Diaz eduardodiazrivera at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 19:00:26 UTC 2021

It should be an option for the registrant.

-ed

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 1:45 PM Steinar Grøtterød via CPWG <cpwg at icann.org>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> At the TPR WG Meeting on Nov 9, 2021, the 60-days locks were discussed.
> The present policy – and the majority of Registry Operators, have a 60-days
> transfer lock after the initial registration of a domain name AND a 60-days
> lock after a successful inter-registrar transfer.
>

> Based on the discussion in the TPR WG, I would like to hear the CPWG
> opinion by asking the following:
>

> 1. Are we in favor of keeping the 60-days lock after the initial
> registration of a domain name?
>
> 2. Are we in favor of keeping the 60-days lock after a successful transfer
> of a domain name?
>
> 3. Could the above be optional?
>
> 4. Should the Registrant has the option to opt-out?
>

> I did not have the time to discuss this with the At-Large TPR members and
> observers, hence will not ask for a poll. But hopefully CPWG can express
> their view at the CPWG call on Nov 10, 2021.
>

> Regards,
>
> Steinar Grøtterød

*Notice*: This email may contain confidential, is subject to legal
privilege and intended for the use of the named addressee only. If you are
not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose or copy any part of
this email. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify the
sender and delete this message immediately.