[CPWG] Today's call and the ccTLD/gTLD trends/Following ccTLDs on DNS Abuse

John McCormac jmcc at hosterstats.com
Wed May 4 09:18:24 UTC 2022

On 29/04/2022 20:36, Theo Geurts via CPWG wrote:
> Perhaps this info is already centralized with CENTR.ORG?

Not sure, Theo,
It is a good organisation but has difficulties when it comes to doing
complex, large-scale projects.

The CENTR affiliated (apparently non CENTR though with key CENTR people)
Registry-Registrar Data Group were trying to do all sorts of wonderful
things a few years ago. I asked if I could join but was told that since
I was not a registrar that I could not join the group. I was, however,
invited to give a presentation on how the HosterStats web usage surveys
worked to this group which, in a strangely diplomatic turn of mind, I
graciously declined.

CENTR may have the connections to ccTLD registries but I don't know if
it has the data. The problem is that this is effectively a large amount
of unstructured data that is often in multiple languages. Some
registries can have very limited amounts of documentation whereas others
have lots. It is also a moving target in that the data and policies change.

Regards...jmcc
John McCormac  *  e-mail: jmcc at hosterstats.com
MC2            *  web: http://www.hosterstats.com/
22 Viewmount   *  Domain Registrations Statistics
Waterford      *  Domnomics - the business of domain names
Ireland        *  https://amzn.to/2OPtEIO
IE             *  Skype: hosterstats.com