[CPWG] Resending Transfer Complaint metrics

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sat Apr 6 00:38:39 UTC 2024

Thanks for this, Steinar.

Looking at the table, there are indeed many reasons why the complaints
be closed as invalid, with a very small amount (15) in the period
covered by 2023 and even less before. But why is ICANN not pursuing such
complaints where there is domain hijacking? Are there other avenues an
end user would follow for this?

My other question relating to this topic is why 2021 was a huge year for
transfer related complaints being received. And an even larger number
for Transfer Complaints Closed. That year, barely 6% of complaints were
passed on to the Contracted Party.
Did procedures change since?

Kindest regards,

Olivier

On 04/04/2024 10:27, Steinar Grøtterød via CPWG wrote:

> Dear CPWG,
>
> During the CPWG discussion on the Change of Registration data (CORD)
> on April 3, 2024, a question was asked in the chat about metrics
> connected to domain hijacking.
>
> I have attached data given by ICANN Compliance for the periode Sep
> 2020-Oct 2023 that include unauthorised transfers. This metrics was
> given to the GNSP-TPR working group as information when the working
> group discussed the CORD policy.
>
> I hope this metric is ansers some questions. My understanding is that
> “domain hijacking” is not necessary tracked by ICANN Compliance.
> Registrars also reports a low number of unauthorised transfers.
>
> Regards,
>
> Steinar Grøtterød

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html