[CPWG] Resending Transfer Complaint metrics

Steinar Grøtterød steinar at recito.no
Sun Apr 7 15:06:57 UTC 2024

Dear Olivier,

Thanks for the questions.

I have problems responding to your question “But why is ICANN not pursuing such complaints where there is domain hijacking?” In my view/understanding, the metrics from ICANN Compliance for “unathorized transfers” cannot be counted as potential domain hijacking. I recommend listen to the recordings from the GNSO-TPR meeting on Jan 30, 2024 where ICANN Compliance present the metrics. https://community.icann.org/display/TPRPDP/2024-01-30+Transfer+Policy+Review+PDP+WG+Call

The high number in 2021 is connected to termination of an accredited Registrar.

I hope this help understanding the metrics.

Regards,
Steinar Grøtterød