[CWG-Stewardship] Concern with Contract Co.

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Mon Dec 1 04:42:54 UTC 2014

I have to disagree.

>Strawman Proposal 1
>
>4 Status of IANA Functions Operator
>
>a Division of ICANN.  The IANA Functions Operator will remain a
>division of ICANN.
>
>b Enhanced Separability.  ICANN will maintain the current separation
>between ICANN and IANA, and will make the IANA Functions Operator
>more easily separable from ICANN, if separation becomes necessary at
>some future time.

There was a "Review Committee" but clearly no other entity holding
the contract. Strawman 1 did, nonsensically, posit that the internal
committee could initiate an RFP. for a "new" operator, but this too
confirmed the the "old" operator was ICANN.

The references to an oversight "mechanism" also alluded to something
other than an external contract-holding entity.

Alan