[CWG-Stewardship] Do we really need a Contracting Co.?

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon Dec 1 21:34:59 UTC 2014

On 01-Dec-14 20:41, Milton L Mueller wrote:

> JI come at it from a logician’s standpoint. “Or” means Boolean or.

Well from a logicians point of view,  'Or' can either be understood as
VEL, a weak disjunction, aka 'and/or' or AUT which is exclusive, aka
'either .. or'.    English does not distinguish the two and
linguistically overloads the the use of a simple 'or' resulting in
ambiguity.

To use the Symbolic Logic definition used in mathematical expressions
instead of the Classical Logic is the source of much confusion.

In terms of the document we should make sure that the we are using the
VEL and not the AUT.