[CWG-Stewardship] Questions for "Outside Counsel"? -- REPLIES REQUESTED

Guru Acharya gurcharya at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 14:32:37 UTC 2014

1) Since the MRT members do not have a corporate shield, can the members be
held individually liable in case of litigation surrounding the RFP process
(say for a failed bid); and how can their personal liability be minimised?

2) Will a financial indemnification clause of a contract be valid if the
contract itself is the subject of litigation; especially if the contract is
held to be void as a result of the litigation? Are there ways to deal with
such a situation?

3) How will the by-laws of Contract Co delegate contracting authority to
the MRT since MRT does not have legal existence; will the by-laws need to
individually name every MRT member and will the by-laws need to be updated
every time a new member is selected?