[CWG-Stewardship] Principles and Criteria that Should Underpin Decisions on the Transition of NTIA Stewardship: New Draft

Martin Boyle Martin.Boyle at nominet.org.uk
Thu Mar 5 09:46:53 UTC 2015

Thanks Avri,

I'm not sure I really understand what ICANN accountability would mean in this footnote.  Surely the important thing would be to define the rules for the various structures we put in place to avoid unintended consequences of one or more stakeholders being able to control outcomes?  And then the rules might be different depending on the nature of the committee/group/process/whatever.  Does that make sense?

I do note that my e-mail last night (I blame it on the late hour) I put 5.iv as a "second reading" (ie for clearing previously agreed text).  Of course this is relatively new text and so should be done as a separate point - perhaps along with 5.iii where there is a proposal for a change.  Sorry for this.

Best

Martin