[CWG-Stewardship] Updated version of the Status Overview for the CWG DTs

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Mon Mar 9 22:20:08 UTC 2015

I do not think that Design Team J (CSC/MRT confidentiality and the perception of conflicts of interest) should be merged with Design Team I (Competition policy and Conflicts of Interest).  Proposed Team I involves policy.  Proposed Team J concerns specific procedures that will need to be developed for the CSC or CSC like body.

Design Team M (Escalation Mechanisms beyond CSC) seems to overlap with Design Team C (CSC), especially the following items listed for C:

*         (e) Specify an instruction for CSC, describing remedial action in the event of poor performance of IANA against specified SLAs.

*         (g) Consider whether it would be appropriate for the CSC to be an initial point of escalation for TLD operators who are experiencing IANA performance issues.
It may be that Team M would make a natural follow-up to Team C or that M could be subsumed by C.

Chuck