[CWG-Stewardship] Client Committee

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Mar 10 15:59:54 UTC 2015

Ignoring for the moment the composition of the
Client Committee, I do have an issue with the transparency of the process.

Having used and managed mailing lists for well
over 3 decades, there is a very large difference
between the "push" technology of being on a
mailing list and the "pull" technology of having
access to the list archives. I scan what arrives
in my in-box. I rarely have the time or patience
to read what is in archives I have access to.

I strongly suggest that we allow all CWG
Members/Participants to be subscribed to the
cwg-client list, even if they are not given posting rights.

Moreover, in the interest of transparency, I also
suggest that the list membership be viewable to
all, regardless of whether they are members of the list or not.

Alan