[CWG-Stewardship] Client Committee

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 18:57:05 UTC 2015

Seun,

Don't read too much into point 1, either.  Law firms always aggregate their
time and bill on a monthly basis (unless they bill less often than that, or
on a project basis).

Greg

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 12:44 PM, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com>
wrote:

> +1 to that question as well as it seem to contradict the "rules of
> engagement":
>

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/12DgI7ip73eg2i0x93QKpSPwhqeO0mtAeRTm1VSWZftA/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Another comment from me, is that it seem Sidley is planned for a lengthy
> period of time (ref: bullet point 1). I hope that won't be the case....Sign
>
> Regards
>
> sent from Google nexus 4
> kindly excuse brevity and typos.
> On 14 Mar 2015 16:26, "Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond" <ocl at gih.com> wrote:
>
>>  Dear Greg,
>>
>> I have a question regarding the "client mailing list".
>>
>> On 13/03/2015 20:23, Greg Shatan wrote:
>>
>> The "client' mailing list was set up as soon as Sidley was retained so
>> that we could immediately have a transparent list for the legal
>> consultation.   Generally, we have set up lists for each subgroup of this
>> CWG.    The client committee was an exception, and that exception has been
>> rectified.  I'm surprised to hear anyone now suggest the list shouldn't
>> exist.  They are helpful tools, and that will be particularly true with the
>> client committee list, since Sidley lawyers aren't all subscribed to this
>> main list (and it wouldn't be cost effective for them all to be here).
>>

>> In the Client Committee kick-off call, the notes/action items show the
>> following record:
>>
>> *Public information and transparency*
>>
>>    - Hours reporting and fees will be public (on a monthly basis)
>>    - Limit the email exchanges on CWG-Client list for administrative
>>    things such as securing a time for a conference call.
>>    - Archive is live: http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/cwg-client/
>>    - Most assignments are discussed by phone (recorded and transcribed)
>>    and confirmed by email on public mailing list
>>

>> Could you please explain the meaning of the second bullet point? There's
>> a huge thread on our CWG Stewardship about this list having ICANN staff
>> subscribed (which I am not bothered by), and yet, is this client list only
>> going to be used for administrative things?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Olivier

*Gregory S. Shatan **ï* *Abelman Frayne & Schwab*

*Partner* *| IP | Technology | Media | Internet*

*666 Third Avenue | New York, NY 10017-5621*

*Direct*  212-885-9253 *| **Main* 212-949-9022

*Fax*  212-949-9190 *|* *Cell *917-816-6428

*gsshatan at lawabel.com <gsshatan at lawabel.com>*

*ICANN-related: gregshatanipc at gmail.com <gregshatanipc at gmail.com>*

*www.lawabel.com <http://www.lawabel.com/>*