[Gac-gnso-cg] Charter v.5 -- incorporating revisions from last week - review for possible final approval on the next call

CARVELL, Mark Mark.Carvell at Culture.gsi.gov.uk
Tue Jan 28 13:36:21 UTC 2014

Mike

Many thanks - the text looks fine to me and I appreciate very much that you and colleagues gave my suggestions due consideration.

I wonder if adding "ultimately" is desirable: not always the case I grant, but it can often add a negative tone in suggesting a  l o n g d r a w n  o u t  process before the goal is finally achieved!

Furthermore on vocabulary, I confess I had to look up the meaning of "grok"!

Mark

From: gac-gnso-cg-bounces at icann.org [mailto:gac-gnso-cg-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Mike O'Connor
Sent: 28 January 2014 13:00
To: GAC-GNSO-CG at icann.org
Subject: Re: [Gac-gnso-cg] Charter v.5 -- incorporating revisions from last week - review for possible final approval on the next call

hi all,

hey, there's a whole hour yet before our call.  i wouldn't want to deny anybody the opportunity for even more last-minute last-minute changes.  ;-)

here's the revised Charter for discussion on the call today.  i've folded in all the changes that came in - with a raised eyebrow on Jonathan's suggested "Ultimately" in front of "More efficient PDPs" as i don't quite grok what it gains us.  not a strong opinion, just a style thing.

here you go - Draft Charter v.6.  talk to you soon,

mikey

This email and its contents are the property of the Department for Culture, Media and Sport.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please delete it.
All DCMS e-mail is recorded and stored for a minimum of 6 months

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.