[GNSO-CCOICI] Proposed Agenda - CCOICI Meeting on Wednesday 31 August at 12.00 UTC

Thomas Rickert | rickert.law thomas at rickert.law
Wed Aug 31 11:20:34 UTC 2022

Hi all,
Thanks for this. I like the Google doc.

Also, I promised during our last call to reach out to the folks that worked on the HR topic during the CCWG work.

I am sharing this here as I will likely not be able to talk, but just to listen during the upcoming call. Sorry for that!

Best,
Thomas

I got the following responses:

Niels ten Oever shared this impact assessment designed for registries and registrars:

That is not exactly what we are looking for, but nonetheless helpful.

I was connected to Ephraim Kenyanito, the chair of the ICANN Cross-Community Working Party on Human Rights (CCWP-HR), which has been working to develop HRIAs for ICANN PDPs and SOs/ACs.

The analysis sent by Bruno Santos also contains an impact assessment starting on p29. That sheet can also be found at the link copied below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WRHPWPtaK8Xc2IXtfA3MVOcprHsVVA9M6J8eUQH5UyA/edit#gid=8463347).

Ephraim was also kind enough to outline the process:

Hi Thomas.

Just to follow up on the process, I will be happy to set up a one on one call to explain further but in brief, when it comes to the HRIAs for PDPs/ ODPs this is the procedure that we followed:

  1.  The CCWP-HR identified the PDP for analysis.
  2.  The team was assembled.
  3.  The team cross checked the excel template to see its fitness for purpose.
  4.  The volunteer HRIA team primarily analysed the recommendations and compared it with ICANN By Law on Human Rights and FOI-HR, shared spreadsheet aimed at simplifying the process.

Please let me know your availability for a quick call and we can then use the session for me to answer any questions and explore collaboration opportunities. (Additionally, I will be at ICANN 75 and we can also plan a face to face discussion then).

I look forward to further engagements with you.

Best Regards,

Ephraim Percy Kenyanito

I hope this helps and am willing to continue the discussion with Ephraim one on one as he suggested or ask him to talk to our group.

Best,
Thomas