[Gnso-epdp-team] Requested Edits to Recommendation 8

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Sun Nov 4 23:32:40 UTC 2018

Dear all,

I wish to propose a small modification to the language in Recommendation 8 for clarity.

The current text reads as follows:

The EPDP Team recommends that redaction must be applied as follows to the data elements that are collected. Data elements not redacted must appear in a freely accessible directory:

I request it be modified to read:

The EPDP Team recommends that redaction must be applied as follows to the data elements that are collected. Data elements neither redacted nor anonymized must appear in a freely accessible directory:

In the table itself, for the field of email, "No" should be revised to "Yes. Anonymized Email Address OR Web Form to be provided."

In addition, I request that footnote 7 be revised from:

Per the current temp spec requirement: 2.5.1. Registrar MUST provide an email address or a web form to facilitate email communication with the relevant contact, but MUST NOT identify the contact email address or the contact itself

So to read:

The EPDP Team recommends that the 17 May 2018 temp spec requirement that a Registrar MUST provide an email address or a web form to facilitate email communication with the relevant contact, but MUST NOT identify the contact email address or the contact itself, continue to be in effect.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Ayden Férdeline (NCSG)