[Gnso-epdp-team] Resignation Redux

Amr Elsadr ProtonMail aelsadr at icannpolicy.ninja
Mon Feb 25 10:52:23 UTC 2019

Hi Kurt,

I am really sorry to see you go, but understand fully, and support your decision to do what you believe is best for you at this point. You’ve already done so much for us all since the EPDP began, so you are duly owed our support right now, in addition to our gratitude and respect. I’m not at all surprised to see that despite this Team’s disagreement on a number of issues, our high regard of you is something we seem to all agree on.

This isn’t the first GNSO PDP I’ve had the privilege of working with you on. Previously, when you were a member (as opposed to a Chair), your contributions always struck me as especially helpful and constructive. You always seemed to be objective, with a knack for cleverly analyzing the topic under discussion.

As a Chair, I have to say your performance has far exceeded what I believed anybody at all could achieve. When we first started this thing, I didn’t think we would get as far as we did. What we have achieved has largely been due to your unwavering efforts, your attention to detail as well as your skill in helping endlessly bickering special interests achieve acceptable compromises on a policy topic in which little progress was ever made, but has been central to the GNSO over the better part of 2 decades.

More than that, your interpersonal skills have made it a pleasure to work with you. It was comforting knowing that you were at the helm, and I realize now that this is something I might have personally taken for granted. I’ll always think of you as the Paul Bunyan of this EPDP, and whoever replaces you has seriously big shoes to fill!!

I wish you the best of luck in all future endeavors, and look forward to working with you again.

Thanks again…, for everything.

Amr