[Gnso-epdp-team] Reminder - input on mind map and questions coming out of ICANN64 meeting
margiemilam at fb.com
Fri Mar 29 17:37:26 UTC 2019
Thanks Alex for this— the BC supports this approach.
All the best,
From: Gnso-epdp-team <gnso-epdp-team-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Alex Deacon <alex at colevalleyconsulting.com>
Date: Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 10:41 PM
To: Marika Konings <marika.konings at icann.org>
Cc: "gnso-epdp-team at icann.org" <gnso-epdp-team at icann.org>
Subject: Re: [Gnso-epdp-team] Reminder - input on mind map and questions coming out of ICANN64 meeting
Here are the IPCs thoughts on your questions and how to best proceed with the Phase 2 work.
We believe the Phase 2 work should occur in two separate and concurrent work streams.
· Work Stream 1 will focus on issues and questions related to the system for standardized access to non-public registration data, as defined in the EPDP charter and the overlapping EPDP Team Recommendation #3.
· Work Stream 2 will focus on completing Phase 1 issues.
We also believe that the "legal small team" should continue to meet concurrent with the two work streams described above, with the focus of drafting questions to our legal resource specific to our phase 2 work and analyzing responses received (both existing and TBD).
· Each work stream should set and work forward on its own schedule and work plan. In fact we suggest that a separate report should be generated for each work stream.
· Each work stream should schedule its own separate weekly 90min meeting. Access to these meetings is open to all EPDP members (and alternates per the charter).
· In a lesson learned from phase 1, consensus calls should happen early and often.
Legal Small Group Priorities
· We suggest the first priority for this team is to answer the controllership and legal basis question for a system for Standardized for Standardized Access to Non-Public Registration Data, assuming a technical framework consistent with the TSG, and in a way that sufficiently addresses issues related to liability and risk mitigation with the goal of decreasing liability risks to Contracted Parties through the adoption of a system for Standardized Access.
Work Stream One Priorities
· Answer the gating question in Rec #3 - "Whether such a system should be adopted"
· Identify the various legitimate purposes for third parties to access registration data
· Move on to answering the charter questions on Access (a), (b) and (c) in the order listed. (We note that several of these questions have been answered in Phase 1 and also by the TSG work.)
Work Stream Two Priorities
· Issues related to Legal vs Natural distinction as identified in Rec #17
· Potential additional purposes to facilitate ICANN's Office of the Chief Technology Officer as identified in Rec #2
· Retention period issues and data collection as identified in Rec #15
· The rest. We note that several issues in this work stream are dependent on legal advice (see below).
Any large project with parallel work streams is subject to dependencies, however we believe it is important that the EPDP team avoid serializing its work and steer clear of (while still recognizing) potential deadlocks in the process.
Specifically, we appreciate the important legal issues related to controllership, risk and liability and agree that these questions must be addressed in a way that results in a win-win situation whereby risks are diminished for contracted parties and authenticated/accredited users have reliable access to requests for non-public registration data. As above, we believe that this important discussion happen in parallel with the work outlined in the work streams.
Cole Valley Consulting
alex at colevalleyconsulting.com<mailto:alex at colevalleyconsulting.com>
On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 12:50 PM Marika Konings <marika.konings at icann.org<mailto:marika.konings at icann.org>> wrote:
Dear EPDP Team,
As a reminder, please share any input you may have on the phase 2 mind map (see attached) by Thursday 28 March. In addition, your input is requested on the following questions:
* How should the team prioritize going forward?
* What next steps should be taken in relations to the dependencies identified?
* What should be the next steps in relation to the legal guidance to date?
* What is the target date for publication of the Initial Report that the EPDP Team is aiming to work toward?
Please share any feedback you may have with the mailing list.
Caitlin, Berry and Marika
Vice President, Policy Development Support – GNSO, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: marika.konings at icann.org<mailto:marika.konings at icann.org>
Follow the GNSO via Twitter @ICANN_GNSO
Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__learn.icann.org_courses_gnso&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=5DXgId95wrCsHi--pxTiJD7bMB9r-T5ytCn7od3CF2Q&s=Cg5uQf0yAfw-qlFZ0WNBfsLmmtBNUiH0SuI6Vg-gXBQ&e=> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_sites_gnso.icann.org_files_gnso_presentations_policy-2Defforts.htm-23newcomers&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=5DXgId95wrCsHi--pxTiJD7bMB9r-T5ytCn7od3CF2Q&s=tT-E2RoAucUb3pfL9zmlbRdq1sytaEf765KOEkBVCjk&e=>.
Gnso-epdp-team mailing list
Gnso-epdp-team at icann.org<mailto:Gnso-epdp-team at icann.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnso-epdp-team