[Gnso-epdp-team] Proposal: Timetable to address Priority 2 issues

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Thu Feb 13 17:34:41 UTC 2020

Dear Janis,

I fear your proposal for a full week in May to discuss comments may be
impossible given our commitments to our day-jobs.

Full agreement on your comments regarding the legal team and aiming for
the June 11 goal. Just for cusriosity, what would happen if funding ran
out before we ended our work? Would we no longer be able to use the Zoom
rooms, ask staff to participate, etc?  It seems that ICANN would be
ill-advised to terminate our work if all it took to complete would be a
short amount of time. I do understand (and regret) your own availability
issue.

Best,

Volker

Am 13.02.2020 um 18:01 schrieb Janis Karklins:

> Dear EPDP Team,
>
> The leadership team has worked together with the staff support team to
> outline the proposed next steps for both addressing priority 2 items
> and the subsequent review of input received on the SSAD Initial
> Report. When reviewing the attached timetable, which outlines the
> proposal in detail, please keep in mind the following:
>
> ·The window of opportunity to allow folding in of priority 2 items
> into the SSAD Final Report is short – preliminary recommendations
> would need to be published for public comment by 24 March at the
> latest. If the EPDP Team does not reach agreement by that date on how
> to address priority 2 items, these items will be referred back to the
> GNSO Council for its consideration on how to proceed. Note that due to
> external dependencies, certain items, such as legal / natural, will
> automatically be referred to the GNSO Council.
>
> ·The legal committee plays a key role in preparing the ground for a
> number of priority 2 items – please remember that the legal committee
> is a representative body. As such, members of the legal committee must
> consult with and keep their fellow team members up to date so that
> when the legal committee sends its recommendations to the plenary
> team, discussions are not rehashed, and recommendations/proposed
> questions do not come as a surprise.
>
> ·The priority remains to finalize the SSAD Final Report by 11 June
> 2020 at the latest: as a reminder, both the funding that was made
> available for phase 2 and my availability to chair the Team will end
> on 30 June.
>
> ·Depending on the number of comments received, there may be a need to
> plan for an intense EPDP Team call week – this is foreseen for the
> week of 11-15 May. Please already pencil this into your agendas – it
> would likely take the form of extended calls taking place (almost)
> every day of the week.
>
> Certainly the timetable may need to be adjusted as the EPDP Team
> progresses through its work; as such, we expect everyone to remain
> flexible. In order to make progress on priority 2 items, it is
> imperative that everyone reviews the relevant worksheets in advance of
> the meeting to appreciate the context and come prepared to find
> solutions to the issues identified.
>
> You are encouraged to provide your group’s feedback on the proposed
> timetable by Tuesday 18 February at the latest.
>
> Thank you
>
> JK

Volker A. Greimann
General Counsel and Policy Manager
*KEY-SYSTEMS GMBH*

T: +49 6894 9396901
M: +49 6894 9396851
F: +49 6894 9396851
W: www.key-systems.net

Key-Systems GmbH is a company registered at the local court of
Saarbruecken, Germany with the registration no. HR B 18835
CEO: Alexander Siffrin

Part of the CentralNic Group PLC (LON: CNIC) a company registered in
England and Wales with company number 8576358.