[Gnso-epdp-team] Proposed Agenda - EPDP Team Meeting #33 on Thursday 5 August at 14.00 UTC

Drazek, Keith kdrazek at verisign.com
Wed Aug 4 01:17:58 UTC 2021

Hi all,

Following up the proposed agenda (below) for Thursday’s EPDP 2A plenary call, I’d like to make the following observations and calls to action:

1.      Please be sure to complete your homework on the Initial Report public comment submissions! This is a critical step as we finalize our recommendations.

2.      Per my email on 27 July, and noting Item 4 on this Thursday’s agenda, we are running up against the committed timeline of 2 September to deliver our Final Report. I have asked groups to signal, by 6 August, if anyone believes more time may be needed to finalize our work. I have not yet seen/heard any such indication, so please focus on this question before this week’s plenary. If I don’t hear anything by Friday, we will proceed with delivery of our Final Report on 2 September.

3.      The deadline for submitting a Project Change Request (PCR) to the GNSO Council is 9 August. If anyone believes we need more time, please advise ASAP via the EPDP 2A list and include your rationale and explanation of a path to consensus that would be facilitated by an additional few weeks. In my view, any extension request will need to include a clear indication of likely consensus, where the extra time requested enables final negotiations and clean-up of generally-agreed principles among the EPDP 2A team. After 6+ months of work, if we can’t identify a reasonable path to consensus this week, it’s not clear to me that an additional few weeks will make a material difference in September.

4.      As you will see in the proposed agenda, we have outlined an aggressive schedule to meet our delivery date of 2 Sept, including moving to twice-weekly plenary meetings. In my capacity as Chair, it appears we have a challenging road ahead to reach consensus on our current recommendations as included in the Initial Report. The public comment feedback does not appear to provide any new or materially significant inputs, and our facilitated discussions have not yet illuminated a path to consensus. That said, if anyone sees a path to gaining consensus, or can offer some changes to our current draft that will bring the team closer to agreement, PLEASE provide the appropriate text and rationale to generate discussion and to give us standing to request additional time from the GNSO Council, if warranted.

5.      We are still conducting our facilitated break-out sessions and I truly hope that these informal conversation will help us find common ground. As such, I want to acknowledge there is still an opportunity to bridge gaps and deliver some consensus recommendations, but that window is getting more narrow by the day. Thanks to Melissa for her continued engagement and support in this effort.

Thanks in advance for your work and commitment over the coming weeks as we draw this EPDP 2A effort to a conclusion.

Best regards,


From: Gnso-epdp-team <gnso-epdp-team-bounces at icann.org> On Behalf Of Marika Konings via Gnso-epdp-team
Sent: Tuesday, August 3, 2021 7:14 AM
To: gnso-epdp-team at icann.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Gnso-epdp-team] Proposed Agenda - EPDP Team Meeting #33 on Thursday 5 August at 14.00 UTC

Caution: This email originated from outside the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Dear EPDP Team,

Please find below the proposed agenda for the next EPDP Team meeting which is scheduled for Thursday 5 August at 14.00 TC.

As a reminder, please don’t forget to provide your group’s input on the discussion tables for topic #3 and #4 (see links below) by tomorrow, Wednesday 4 August COB. Also, please remember to review the the proposals that were put forward during last week’s discussion and were added by the staff support team to the discussion tables #1 and #2 (see email circulated on Friday - https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-epdp-team/2021-July/004020.html<https://secure-web.cisco.com/1Vjd2wVCCeOxF98H3K8AzxlhnBqwqjLf-6XaAaMvMlVsyc7Az6RI9aE1nNjLbRWYAM4nVjtiprKcd6I-3JIc0R5SqSB6UZwTV7hHnBfxP0SN1Cb6nO1NP0wu0idTDrTDFiTdPfo2WWKhbAmJlJQLZUlOHSwoN_Uj2qalDTNsPv-4rt9p4J6e1zzQA5HDPoHRFGSvpBC-e44GhaGCzT7MtOoM94zkrQvf0x0AJkzPBAoIQSNELNHpp4_7SEn7JNeII/https%3A%2F%2Fmm.icann.org%2Fpipermail%2Fgnso-epdp-team%2F2021-July%2F004020.html>).

Best regards,

Caitlin, Berry and Marika


EPDP Phase 2A - Meeting #33

Proposed Agenda

Thursday 5 August 2021 at 14.00 UTC

1.                    Roll Call & SOI Updates (5 minutes)

2.                    Welcome & Chair updates (Chair) (15 minutes)

a.     Status of continuation of mediated conversations

••••• Share proposed action items coming out of mediated conversations to date

3.                    Initial Report Public Comment Review (50 minutes)

a.     EPDP Team Question for Community Input #3 – see PCRT<https://secure-web.cisco.com/1zuSmZ8yZUYOktJ4rl3vR445_gC2NvFqZHXehLLfl7dpPMQj56cckaNoqA1nzz21EfiIRT8cKnJ-fGKj8RaFmDbC9Ut2ytISk3XUQ8yqapmv_GuTrDq2kTsy6_RU_DqHb2lB8LuKRy8gFcsWApzDld90MahDSwSY137cPlB_4c2VXrBVwyqY6ZCMActECRDr7AqJYk-IEd89U6iA1MjG8CdXCWSS6out5eIz0H7xBRAkCoYo4jSdaU0dad1QGHXLb/https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.icann.org%2Fdownload%2Fattachments%2F169444210%2Fgnso-EPDP-P2A-pcrt-Initial-Report-Recommendations_Rec3_v0.1.docx%3Fversion%3D1%26modificationDate%3D1626785873000%26api%3Dv2> and Discussion Table<https://docs.google.com/document/d/17obZbKRbez851gYx2P-SQ2C5bF6V3TX9/edit>

b.     Review items flagged for further discussion

••••• [to be added prior to meeting, following deadline for EPDP Team input – Wednesday 2 August COB]

   c.   EPDP Team Question for Community Input #4 – see PCRT<https://secure-web.cisco.com/15Re2Mrc8sIC2gI9T73yDvDrl1hbix4332qGFw2TP3EIg9yv3-5Ng27WpmKKpOmtLLfq1MDBtaluDxq7skdWOm3YRcP5P9bomZXHpp92MwYKoWee4gEZURfBb0wc_J0w3nwi9knR2lyEGSwtkoU--SkXsPgOuI3pBjYo9tMm1Jo47bNAShfgJDWosCd6rSiJLWHpboNDO25LrEro0GXCBCGlW9TMVAlXKFaON7f1WhVgScMFCzEx-WFNGorVjUPEu/https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.icann.org%2Fdownload%2Fattachments%2F169444210%2Fgnso-EPDP-P2A-pcrt-Initial-Report-Recommendations_Rec4_v0.1.docx%3Fversion%3D1%26modificationDate%3D1626786603000%26api%3Dv2> and Discussion Table<https://docs.google.com/document/d/111EAx9BuJphPwM22wsvG_oRxj27-r20r/edit>

   ••••• [to be added prior to meeting, following deadline for EPDP Team input – Wednesday 2 August COB]

   d.   Looking ahead at next assignments:

   ••••• EPDP Team Question for Community Input #5

   ••••• Additional Comments

   4.                    Proposed timeline to get to Final Report (15 minutes):

   10 August – complete review of public comments

   12 August – delivery of action items mediated conversations, confirm possible suggestions for further consideration.

   17 & 19 August – consider suggestions for further consideration & agree on updates to report

   24 & 26 August – consider suggestions for further consideration & agree on updates to report

   27 August – publish draft Final Report for EPDP Team review, consensus call.

   31 August – finalize report and address any outstanding items.

*       EPDP Team input
*       Confirm next steps

5.                    Wrap and confirm next EPDP Team meeting (5 minutes):

a.     EPDP Team Meeting #34 Tuesday 10 August at 14.00 UTC (tentative)

b.     Confirm action items

c.      Confirm questions for ICANN Org, if any

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-epdp-team/attachments/20210804/ad5dc4c4/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the Gnso-epdp-team mailing list