[Gnso-epdp-team] EPDP P2A Chair Update to GNSO Council
philippe.fouquart at orange.com
philippe.fouquart at orange.com
Mon Mar 22 21:11:19 UTC 2021
Thanks for this Keith.
Good for me too, this is an accurate reflection of where we are I think.
From: Gnso-epdp-team [mailto:gnso-epdp-team-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of King, Brian via Gnso-epdp-team
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2021 8:57 PM
To: Drazek, Keith <kdrazek at verisign.com>; gnso-epdp-team at icann.org
Cc: gnso-secs at icann.org
Subject: Re: [Gnso-epdp-team] EPDP P2A Chair Update to GNSO Council
Thank you, Keith.
That sounds like a fair and accurate assessment.
Brian J. King
Head of Policy and Advocacy, Intellectual Property Group
T +1 443 761 3726
Time zone: US Eastern Time
clarivate.com<http://www.clarivate.com> | Accelerating innovation
Follow us on LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/clarivate>, Twitter<https://twitter.com/clarivate?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor>, Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/clarivate/> and Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/clarivateofficial/?hl=en>
From: Gnso-epdp-team <gnso-epdp-team-bounces at icann.org<mailto:gnso-epdp-team-bounces at icann.org>> On Behalf Of Drazek, Keith via Gnso-epdp-team
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2021 3:33 PM
To: gnso-epdp-team at icann.org<mailto:gnso-epdp-team at icann.org>
Cc: gnso-secs at icann.org<mailto:gnso-secs at icann.org>
Subject: [Gnso-epdp-team] EPDP P2A Chair Update to GNSO Council
As promised last Thursday, attached are the draft slides I intend to use to update the GNSO Council on Wednesday. As always, thanks to our Staff colleagues for their work to help develop these.
To recap our earlier discussion, my key speaking points/recommendations in support of the slides will be:
1. The EPDP Team got off to a slow start around the December/January holiday season, but has made recent progress after repurposing two plenary sessions in support of the legal committee.
2. The EPDP P2A legal committee has submitted its questions to Bird & Bird and we are looking forward to timely feedback within the next 2-3 weeks.
3. There appears to be a possibility that the EPDP P2A team may reach consensus on guidelines for registrars who choose to differentiate between legal/natural.
4. It is premature to determine whether consensus is likely or possible on additional Consensus Policy recommendations related to the legal/natural distinction. We will have a clearer picture following the receipt of pending advice from Bird & Bird.
5. The EPDP Team continues to work on the subject of unique email identifiers and more work is needed on the subject of anonymized vs. pseudonymized emails and whether those can be reasonably implemented within a single registrar or across the entire registrar channel.
6. The EPDP Team is committed to continuing its work through the current timeline. This would warrant a further update to the GNSO Council at the end of May, which is current target for publication of the Initial Report.
7. We will know by the end of May whether consensus is likely. If so, we will continue to produce a Final Report for Council consideration. If not, we will recommend suspension or termination of the EPDP P2A, until such time there is additional information and/or material changes to warrant further consideration and policy development work.
Please let me know if anyone has feedback or concerns.
Confidentiality note: This e-mail may contain confidential information from Clarivate. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete this e-mail and notify the sender immediately.
Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.
This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnso-epdp-team