[Gnso-epdp-team] Text error in current Final Report draft

Alan Woods alan at donuts.email
Thu Sep 2 11:28:34 UTC 2021

Dear team,

I have not canvassed my team on this, but in the interests of not delaying,
I do not agree that this is an error in need of rectification. This
original text and use of the term 'disclosure' in this paragraph, was, I
believe, actually quite intentional. As we have discussed, at length, on
numerous occasions, publication is a subset of disclosure. Your edit,
although technically true, only has the effect of further limiting the
guidance to that particular subset of a much broader concept that is being
captured here,likely further eroding the utility of the guidance.
Specific subsets of disclosure are teased out in the relevant proceeding
elements of the guidance (e.g. publication as a disclosure is contemplated
in both ss.2 & ss 5).

Leaving this as 'disclosure' does not exclude the concept of publication in
the remit of the guidance. The change to 'publication',  I fear, would
necessitate further discussion and I neither believe this to be necessary
nor would I advocate for such change at this stage.

Warmest regards,

Alan

[image: Donuts Inc.] <http://donuts.domains/>

Alan Woods
Senior Manager, Compliance & Policy, Donuts Inc.
------------------------------
Donuts
Ground Floor
Le Pole House
Ship Street Great
Dublin 8

<https://www.facebook.com/donutstlds>   <https://twitter.com/DonutsInc>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/donuts-inc>

Please NOTE: This electronic message, including any attachments, may
include privileged, confidential and/or inside information owned by Donuts
Inc. . Any distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than
the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to
this message and then delete it from your system. Thank you.