[gnso-gac-closed-generics] "A Public Interest" v. "The Global Public Interest" - Question / Comment on Asynchronous Work #6

Greg Shatan [NARALO] gregshatanalac at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 06:56:38 UTC 2023

Kathy,

Asynchronous Work #4 specifically stated that, in responding to AW#4, "We
are not debating “a public interest” vs. “the global public interest” at
this time."  In other words, while AW#4 asked us to consider whether the
"Global Public Interest Framework" thingy could be a useful tool in
analyzing Closed Generics, it did not ask to consider whether "the Global
Public Interest" vs. "a public interest" was the right "interest" to
consider.  Therefore, AW#4 does not supply an "answer" to apply to
Asynchronous Work #6.  The debate continues!

Best regards,

Greg