[gnso-gac-closed-generics] "A Public Interest" v. "The Global Public Interest" - Question / Comment on Asynchronous Work #6

Jeff Neuman jeff at jjnsolutions.com
Mon Jan 23 15:59:24 UTC 2023

I agree with Greg.  Work #4 was dealing with the topic of closed generics as a whole and whether we need to come up with a overall solution in the global public interest.

But that is very different than saying that all individual applications for closed generics must be in the global public interest.

The advice that we must stick with according to our charter and to all previous letters from the GNSO and the GAC is to find ways in which each closed generic serves “a public interest goal.”   This is not the same a “a global public interest goal.”

Best regards,

Jeffrey J Neuman
JJN Solutions, LLC
Founder & CEO