[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Adobe Connect issues -- potential solution by clearing cookies

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Tue Jun 12 18:02:07 UTC 2018

Hi folks,

I was having trouble getting into Adobe Connect on one my main
computers today (which is a ChromeBox, running ChromeOS, a
browser-based operating system, basically using the Chrome Browser for
most things visible to the user). I ended up getting things working on
a different computer (a Mac), albeit after 5 or 6 attempts at
installing the plugin (and with warnings -- it might be 32-bit, and
not compatible with future Mac operating system releases, which will
require 64-bit apps).

Anyhow, after today's call, I was fiddling around with my main
computer, and was finally able to connect, simply by clearing cookies!

I only needed to clear the "participate.icann.org" cookies (3 of
them), and then it worked fine (I wasn't able to get into the room
itself, because there was no active meeting, but it got further than
before, so presumably would have worked; it asked for access to my
mic, etc.).

When ICANN reactivated the service, it was likely on a different set
of servers than before, and the cookies previously set by the old
servers might be causing some sort of issue/conflict.

In conclusion, for next week's call, folks might want to try to clear
their cookies (just for the participate.icann.org subdomain) if having
login issues with Adobe Connect.