[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Public Display of Possible Consensus

Nat Cohen ncohen at telepathy.com
Mon May 7 22:40:51 UTC 2018

Dear WG Members,

I'll include a personal comment that our work here has been hampered by the
lack of participation from the IGOs, on whose behalf this WG was formed.
Despite all the work, time and effort that this WG has devoted over many
years, we do not know whether any of the proposed options would actually
address the root concerns of the IGOs.  Indeed even if we adopted option 3,
which would lead the WG down a long, tortured path to try to develop an
arbitration system, if the IGOs maintain their resistance to participating,
we would still be left not knowing whether the final recommendations would
be deemed acceptable by the IGOs.  It seems better to refer the core issues
of jurisdiction and legal process to the RPM WG which enjoys more robust
representation from a variety of stakeholders and will need to address
these same issues as part of its work.

I support Option 4, and would also support continued exploration of Options
1, 2, 5, or 6, if one of those options attracted consensus support of the
WG.

Regards,

Nat Cohen