[gnso-irtpd] here's the little summary of that sequence of events i rattled off on the call just now -- registrant role in TDRP

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Tue Dec 3 17:03:04 UTC 2013

Hi Kristine,

yes, there is. It is present on the ICANN pages, and linked from the
Internic site.

Here is the transfer-related page:

http://www.icann.org/en/resources/compliance/complaints/transfer

This opens up a form where the registrant can initiate a compliance
action against his registrar, and this is a regular process that sees
much more use than the TDRP. AFAIK, there already is a ticketing system
behind this at ICANN compliance that follows the 1-2-3 compliance process.

Regarding the recourse issue, I have recently learned that one reason
that INGOs and IGOs vehemently demanded a process to protect their
rights seperate from the UDRP was that they cannot accept the clause
that would force them to agree to any local jurisdiction. So I learned
that having common jurisdiction may not even be desirable for some
registrants.

With regard of determining your "Waht if..." question, I think we first
need to seperate out the possible scenarios to determin which course of
action is needed. maybe we will find that there already are current
processes that fit the bill perfectly.

Volker