[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] MP3 PPSAI WG - Tuesday 15 September 2015 at 1400 UTC

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Tue Sep 15 17:50:49 UTC 2015

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Privacy and Proxy Services Accreditation Issues PDP Working group call held on Tuesday 15 September 2015 at 14:00 UTC at:http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-15sep15-en.mp3<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=NrFWbrBstcrPWP369qgbqlXiSKeL20xnUXzI03ZqpsvQufNa-2FQ3nA15qApF-2FSNfWza8WaTPll4f0yzsvpnRuYg-3D-3D_QuA5zZR9ZZ7J1F2FeF-2FOsgm1hgIDcBrAX2P7Ezxmql7ckJc4ios1-2BxObAoz2rzLSI3c4QB1NGo7bw7XrBjpRCbz74w4vzk48UxZMFoBBQBQaQ0ePdiOjdJ30sQNHkokOf-2F2p-2FBvMgKvMhzp-2B4u8fP-2BRrSytHe2KCf2HpQmtSbpezMgNTUG57PiORAPesOotpHA-2BC4pSmXJRsVmpbNaLqzstKpzCumvbYSGS7LFLZ1U2p8bG8BTCiTa5n040eh71mUGqPGZMigEbe1zgEF-2Ff0prftAQZ0la9baAmRWWCMUN2NXJxCzQh25VXsZLo4iWeZmJPeIMsQmVUJGRQkIx-2BowhLdSbubm58vlCI5EvqazlVf9vZ0NRcdhLTsHJqcsE-2BW9mUIsgPbF5tBJLo5Uz7hdZA0fEyAon114RcuUSdQfLjiPh2624EJGZiatYcONWOqld1NeG3bvYshKCtifHOGzTEJixzaCkKx8MmQTWx-2FZxo-2FLJLRsUkkXU0Fbg1Mq59R>

On page:

<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#aug>http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#s<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#sep>ep<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#sep>

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

 Attendees:

Todd Williams ­ IPC
Sara Bockey ­ RrSG
Roger Carney - RrSG
Frank Michlick ­ Individual

Steve Metalitz – IPC

James Bladel ­ RrSG

David Hughes - IPC
James Gannon ­ NCUC
Alex Deacon - IPC
Luc Seufer RrSG
David Cake- NCSG
Carlton Samuels - At–Large
Graeme Bunton ­ RrSG
Griffin Barnett - IPC
Osvaldo Novoa – ISPCP
Val Sherman ­ IPC
Vicky Schlecker – IPC
Terri Stumme ­ BC
Holly Raiche ­ ALAC
Kathy Kleiman - NCSG
Lindsay Hamilton-Reid ­ RrSG
Susan Kawaguchi – BC
Iranga Kahangama -

Apologies :

Kiran Malancharuvil - IPC
Don Blumenthal – RySG
Michele Neylon - RrSG
Susan Prosser RrSG
Darcy Southwell – RrSG
Stephanie Perrin ­ NCSG
Phil Corwin – BC
Sarah Wyld – RrSG

ICANN staff:

Mary Wong

Marika Konings

Amy Bivins

Terri Agnew
Nathalie Peregrine

Mailing list archives:
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/

Wiki page:

https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Nathalie

-------------------------------

 Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 15 September 2015

 Terri Agnew:Welcome to the Privacy & Proxy Services Accreditation Issues PDP WG teleconference on Tuesday, 15 September 2015
  Graeme Bunton:Grabbing a Tea, brb
  Graeme Bunton:Tea'd.
  James Bladel:Monster Rehab?  My new favorite tea.
  James Bladel:It wasn't "furious" it was only "brisk" and "purposeful."
  Holly Raiche:What is Monster Rehab???
  Graeme Bunton:I prefer boring, generic orange pekoe/english breakfast black tea
  James Bladel:@Holly:  Iced tea energy drink.
  Holly Raiche:@ Graeme - me too. Not sure about 'energy' drinks
  Frank Michlick:put yourhands up in the air
  Frank Michlick:I like Rojbois tea
  Frank Michlick:flavoured
  Terri Agnew:Vicky Sheckler has joined
  Mary Wong:Apologies, we can't show Word doc comments in PDF in AC :( So, yes, Todd, if you can point them out as you go along, that would be helpful.
  Mary Wong:But the comment "balloons" will show if you open the Word doc that was sent yesteday.
  David Cake:I'm an Early Grey tea guy mostly. I have a cup right now.
  Holly Raiche:I love the concept of "Early" tea
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Luc Seufer has joined the call
  Nathalie  Peregrine:James Gannon and Susan Kawaguchi have joined
  James Gannon:Apologies for my tardyness
  Mary Wong:That was a comment made as part of this individual's response to the WG's online template question for this recommendation. I don't believe any further details or explanation was provided.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Griffin Barnett has joined the call
  James Bladel:So "frivolous" or "harassing."  Got it.  :)
  Sara Bockey:+1 @Holly
  Mary Wong:Some common law jurisdictions will use the phrase "frivolous or vexatious" rather than "harassing" (which may be more of a US-centric word).
  David Cake:I'm ok with the frivolous and vexatious language. Familiar in common law jurisdictions as Mary says.
  Holly Raiche:@ Graeme - My guess is that we'll have to put verifiable on issues to get back to
  steve metalitz:@Holly, agree, and as Todd noted, if other criteria need to be added to the template to fulfill "verifiable evidence" standard,  it would be timely to bring them forward.
  Holly Raiche:@ Steve - it's on our list to do - and come back with some suggestions
  James Gannon:Happy with that
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Carlton Samuels has joined
  Carlton Samuels:Howdy all
  James Bladel:jees
  Carlton Samuels:My apologies. Multitasking again
  Holly Raiche:Hi Carlton
  Frank Michlick:too loud
  James Bladel:step back from mic, pls.
  Carlton Samuels:Hey Holly, I hope you shed a tear.
  Carlton Samuels::-)
  Holly Raiche:That was my question
  James Bladel:will defer to James G., the booming voice of God.
  val s.::)
  James Gannon:Sorry for booming voices, on a bad mic today
  James Bladel:How could you reach that conclusion without retaining the data from the first incident?
  Vicky Sheckler:agree w/ metalitz.  We often see several indicators that the same actor/s are behind multiple sites engaged in similar styles of infrining activity
  steve metalitz:@James G, not a leap to try to ensure the information obtained is useful for the purpose for which obtained.  As in my scenario, sometimes this involves retention .
  James Gannon:That would have to be addressed in a different framework as this is only for IP infringement reuqests
  James Bladel:at this point, they are alleged to be a "bad actor".  But still a private dispute between two parties.
  steve metalitz:+1 to James G. re susan's example.  This Annex is just for IPR claims.  We anticipate that there would be different templates/ground rules for different kinds of complaints.
  Luc Seufer:@Steve I have thought about it, but I fail to see other templates/ground requiring a specific template.
  Carlton Samuels:IAt what point does the allegation cease to be a private dispute between parties and a trespass on the domain name system?
  Luc Seufer:I trust any other type of dispute would follow due process
  James Bladel:In the interests of moving this call forward, I'll drop from the queue.
  steve metalitz:@ Luc -- security/malware etc.?
  Susan kawaguchi:most of the malicious use also includes the use of our intellectual property so I am not seeing a distinction
  Luc Seufer:they wouldn't contact the PP provider I suppose, they would go to the hosting or IS provider
  Susan kawaguchi:we use registrant information all the time to connect domain names for security issues
  Mary Wong:Graeme?
  Graeme Bunton:Here?
  Graeme Bunton:weird!
  Graeme Bunton:will re join room
  Frank Michlick:can't hear you
  James Gannon:I out him to sleep
  Graeme Bunton:Yes, thanks Steve
  Luc Seufer:morse code now?
  Mary Wong:FYI we're now on Section III - Service Provider Action on Request
  James Gannon:PGP Encrypted Email wouldnt be a heavy ask in my opinon
  James Bladel:@James - it is a huge ask.
  Luc Seufer:@JamesG I still see law firms trying to send us 100meg UDRP complaint via email
  Alex Deacon:maybe one day we will have email key management via DNS a la DANE/DNSSEC :)
  Luc Seufer:and complaining it was rejected by our email system
  James Gannon:For clarity our request was only for the tranmission of the final contact details.
  Vicky Sheckler:re: III.B., once a valid request has been made that meets the requirements, S.P. should be obligated to provide the information.
  Vicky Sheckler:or say no and why, as Steve M is saying
  James Bladel:I'm on board with Steve's comment, especially if can swap (i) and (ii).
  Luc Seufer:Agreed too
  Alex Deacon:Agree.  the "encouraged but not required to" guts this whole annex.
  James Bladel:@JamesG - but we do have flexibility, under (ii).
  Mary Wong:@James B, what do you mean by swap (i) & (ii)?
  steve metalitz:@ James G so you think after all this the service provider shoudl not have to respond yes or no to disclosure request?
  Alex Deacon:I don't believe we have ever considered an automatic disclosure process.
  Vicky Sheckler:think III.B. (i) and (ii) should stay in order they are in now
  James Gannon:@Steve: Persoanlly I can live with it, looking at the public comments looking for the removal of Annex E in its entirety I would have concerns.
  James Bladel:they can be merged
  Mary Wong:Per Steve M, the WG had previously decided not to mandate that a provider must allow the surrender option, since current practices is that some do offer it and some do not.
  James Bladel:surrender = deletion.  Anything else would be an operational burden for providers & registrars.
  James Gannon:+1 James
  Holly Raiche:2 James B - agree with interpretation
  Mary Wong:Yes - the intent was not to mean transfer.
  Luc Seufer:so why not replace surrender by deletion?
  Alex Deacon:I'd like to see the merged text before I can commenet/agree.
  James Gannon:+1 Alex
  Mary Wong:@Luc, I think the original idea was to reflect the customer's choice to give up the service
  Holly Raiche:@ luc - fine with suggestion
  Luc Seufer:but the text says the domain name, not the service (i.e. removing the proxy)
  James Gannon:Great work, definintley food for tought on a critical aspect
  James Gannon:And I appreacite the groups from both sides of the field working together
  Mary Wong:@Luc, probably we can rephrase to the effect of "customer electing to give up its domain name registration, resulting in a deletion" or something like that.
  Luc Seufer:customer electing to have their domain name deleted.
  Luc Seufer:would be clearer IMO
  Mary Wong:OK thanks - we'll take that back to the sub team!
  Luc Seufer:thank you Mary
  James Gannon:Thanks all
  James Bladel:Thanks folks.
  val s.:thanks all