[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] RDS Statement of Purpose

Michael D. Palage michael at palage.com
Fri Sep 9 14:43:32 UTC 2016

Jim,

Thanks for constructive feedback.  I was not trying to advocate that the appearance in the zone file meant anything. I was just trying to document different life cycle states that may or may not be readily available to the public.

One of the main reasons I joined this group is because I have a number of clients that would like to try some "innovation" within in the domain name industry and they view the RDS/Whois as a potential source of innovation.

Sadly all too often policy discussions get high jacked by commercial interest focused primarily on the .COM and other legacy operators. By way of example, the "volumes" explicitly set forth in the Redemption Grace Period were based largely, if not solely, on what made sense for .COM transactions.

Best regards,

Michael