[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Registrar Data vs RDS Data

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 13:55:25 UTC 2017

So many assumptions.

There's no basis for assuming what people "should know," regardless of
their assumed "sophistication" (and there's no reason to assume
authentication connotes any particular level of sophistication, or what
sophistication means in any particular context).  There's also no reason to
assume that any access to the database will require authentication, even if
we decide that some levels of access require authentication.

There's no reason to burden users with making multi-step visits when a few
lines of important information can be displayed at the same time.  I would
hardly call that "clutter".  If you think that some would prefer not have
that information, perhaps there could be ways to indicate that preference.
But I would not make that assumption.

We should always remember that Whois/RDS exists for the benefit of the
users (some of whom will be registrants, of course).

Greg (S.)