[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Krebs On Security article RE whois and GDRP

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Wed Feb 21 10:33:05 UTC 2018

I am aware it is not a universal requirement, yet it is still a valid
example of governments takeing action and legislating a requirement to
publish certain information in a certain format. While they did so for
content, they did not do so for domain name registrations even though
they could have.

If governments feel they this information should be public, they have
the option of legislating it. Until they do, the general rules on the
protection of personal information apply.

Best,

Volker

--
Bei weiteren Fragen stehen wir Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Volker A. Greimann
- Rechtsabteilung -

Key-Systems GmbH