[Gnso-ssc] susankpolicy at gmail.com

Susan Kawaguchi susankpolicy at gmail.com
Mon May 29 16:37:51 UTC 2017

Hello All,

In preparation for our next conference call I am hoping we can start a
dialog via email concerning the criteria we are developing for the
Empowered Community role that will represent the GNSO Council.

Currently, the default for filling the EC rep role is the Chair of the GNSO
council.

This role does not make decisions but simply communicates to the EC on
behalf of the Council and reports back to the Council.  This role does not
require travel but would require remotely attending GNSO council and EC
meetings.  No travel support provided.

In our discussion last week we discussed several criteria for selecting
someone for the role:

·      Limit to current GNSO council members

·      Broaden to former GNSO council members ( how far removed from a
council seat?)

·      Well spoken

·      Follows GNSO work closely

·      Responsible

·      Available

·      Engaged

·      Limit to GNSO Chair or Vice Chairs

·      Alternate rep in case the EC rep cannot attend a meeting?  (or it
could default to GNSO Chair or V. Chair to fill in)

Thoughts?

Susan