[gtld-tech] RDAP referral to registrar ?

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Tue Aug 30 02:17:35 UTC 2016

>From an automation and information publishing perspective, we think
>always having a link to registrar from the registries might be very
>convenient. Is there a way to publish this whenever it's available ?

If the registrar has the information, the registry can return an http
redirect to the registrar and it'll all look automatic to the client.

In much the same way, if you do an RDAP query to one of the RIRs, and
the address has been reassigned to another RIR, they do the redirect
and for the client it just works.

R's,
John