[gtld-tech] RDAP referral to registrar ?

Hollenbeck, Scott shollenbeck at verisign.com
Wed Aug 31 11:30:46 UTC 2016

Gustavo, if I'm understanding what you're saying correctly it would seem to
be a description of a use case in which redirection would actually be a
*good* operational practice. If a registry has some data elements and a
registrar has other data elements I believe it's possible to retrieve both
sets of elements if (for example) a registry receives a query and responds
with an HTTP 300 (Multiple Choices) status code:

The RDAP response data from the registry can be carried in the body of the
redirecting response. The client follows the redirect (or URI reference(s)
found in the payload) to the registrar, sends the registrar a query, gets a
response, and both sets of data elements are retrieved.

Scott