[gtld-tech] [regext] EPDP recommendations and EPP

Roger D Carney rcarney at godaddy.com
Fri Mar 1 15:22:13 UTC 2019

Good Morning,

Thanks for the comments Patrick.  I agree about the pollution of placeholders and that is one reason why I think it can only be used as a temporary solution.

I am not sold on creating a "new object." Another way to do the same intention, to me this will just get convoluted for implementers (look here unless you should look over there). To me this is just creating a new mechanism to avoid fixing a problem in the current mechanism.

I am not sure how improving RFC 5733 to be more flexible and data privacy/protection aware is a detriment to anyone using EPP. Anyone using 5733 needs to be acutely aware of data "processing" and would greatly benefit from a more flexible technical solution.

Thanks
Roger