[gtld-tech] CZDS timeouts / 503 issues?

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Sun Apr 24 18:31:03 UTC 2022

It appears that John McCormac via gtld-tech <jmcc at hosterstats.com> said:
>Is anyone else seeing an increasing number of timeouts waiting for
>downloading? It has been happening for a while now with some days having
>no issues but others, such as today, having a lot.

Lots. Yesterday while doing downloads from a virtual server at AWS, 80
of them failed with 502 errors when doing the HEAD to see if they
changed and .com was truncated. Five of them failed again when it
retried, they all finally worked on the third try.

I'm also seeing frequent 503 and even 404 errors in the scripts that check
for renewals.

ICANN knows about this but they have been unable to figure out what's wrong or to fix it.

R's,
John