[gtld-tech] CZDS timeouts / 503 issues?

John McCormac jmcc at hosterstats.com
Sun Apr 24 21:40:03 UTC 2022

On 24/04/2022 19:25, Viktor Dukhovni via gtld-tech wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 24, 2022 at 04:40:07PM +0100, John McCormac via gtld-tech wrote:
>
>> Is anyone else seeing an increasing number of timeouts waiting for
>> downloading? It has been happening for a while now with some days having
>> no issues but others, such as today, having a lot.
>
> Yes today, but mostly not otherwise, though I did have to refetch
> .NET and .ORG once in the last ~3 weeks.
>
>> Have also noticed a bit of sluggishness in the CZDS while updating or
>> checking requests (this was via a different connection).
>
> Today, even logging into the web UI fails:
>
>      Temporarily not able to retrieve the required data.
>      Please contact ICANN support.

The .COM failed with an unexpected EOF yesterday. Have had problems with
other files but some of the timeouts seem to affect the small files.
With parallel sessions, the downloads in progress seem to have failed
simultaneously.

Just logging into CZDS now via the web UI and it is stalled on
account.icann.org but hitting return on the browser gets it working.
After logging in, it seems that the backend isn't there. Seeing the same
"Temporarily not able to retrieve the required data. Please contact
ICANN support. " error.

Regards...jmcc
John McCormac  *  e-mail: jmcc at hosterstats.com
MC2            *  web: http://www.hosterstats.com/
22 Viewmount   *  Domain Registrations Statistics
Waterford      *  Domnomics - the business of domain names
Ireland        *  https://amzn.to/2OPtEIO
IE             *  Skype: hosterstats.com