[NCAP-Discuss] Additional comments on the comments to the Scarfone Draft

Danny McPherson danny at tcb.net
Wed May 6 21:03:39 UTC 2020

On 2020-05-06 16:39, Rubens Kuhl wrote:
> Attackers don't do MiTM attacks just for proof of concept; they go
> ahead and actually do something like stealing money or information. Of
> those episodes, some would have noticed the crime, reported it to
> authorities, which then would trigger investigations and at same point
> people would know that it happened.

Let's disagree on that...

> And yet, years after the delegations, nothing surfaced.

See this translated link, as but a single example (I've attached PDF as
well):

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fhabrahabr.ru%2Fcompany%2Fmailru%2Fblog%2F259521%2F&edit-text=

That's old and was posted when delegations first began.  It's also one
of the reasons my of the folks and company's in cyber have talked about
wholesale blocking of new gTLDs, I think that's a bad thing for all of
us - YMMV.\

I'm again going to avoid back and forth with you here, none of this is
new and references have been provided - because you believe "nothing has
surfaced" isn't a metric I'm worried about.

-danny